About the LKCMedicine PhD by research programme
The LKCMedicine PhD by research programme aims to admit the brightest students from a variety of backgrounds – natural science, medicine, social science and engineering - and expose them to a range of topics and disciplines such that on completion, graduates have a deep knowledge and appreciation of both translatable and translational medical research methods.
All students receive broad exposure to a wide range of expertise within the School and NTU before specialising in their chosen research area.
The programme aims to enhance students’ employability and career mobility upon graduation through the unique combination of learning and training experiences. Specifically, it will:
- Train and equip PhD research students with the necessary intellectual and technical skills to develop into independent research scientists rain and equip PhD research students with the necessary intellectual and technical skills to develop into independent research scientists;
- Inculcate students’ clinical awareness and enhance their learning experience through a range of local and overseas placements ; and
- Equip students with relevant business awareness and information technology skills develop each student’s interpersonal, presentation and management skills, enabling the graduate to enter the workplace as a future research leader.
Students are expected to complete the programme in four years. The programme is open to applicants who are keen to pursue PhD studies on a full-time or part-time basis (self-financing). The minimum and maximum candidatures are as follows:
- Full-time: minimum 3 and maximum 5 years
- Part-time: minimum 3 and maximum 7 years
* NOTE: The above details are subject to change without prior notice.